The story

Eden was born with a congenital birth defect - her left thigh bone does not grow properly. This summer, she is undergoing a limb lengthening procedure at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore, MD through the Rubin Institute. It is an approx 6 month process. Chris and I are grateful for everyone's well wishes, and want to do our best to keep you all informed, so we decided to create this blog. It will also be a way for us to document this process and one day we will show it to Eden and she will know, she can conquer anything.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The final countdown

In two days the fixator comes off. 3 months turning, 2 months strengthening the bone. The Dr was supposed to be on a relief mission in Haiti so we were scheduled for Jan 5. The trip was canceled and we found out through the grapevine so we managed to get the surgery pushed up. This is the best holiday gift possible.

Eden will get a cast for one month, then we are DONE. I am sure there is lots more PT ahead of her, but Eden loves Leslie so that is not an issue. In fact, I am pretty sure Eden will be upset when we tell her PT is done.

No words can thank you all for your continued support and prayers, we are almost at the finish line, so keep them coming.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ronit, I hardly ever go on FB, so I totally missed your blog on Eden's surgery. I've been reading it and I'm totally amazed at the strength and courage of you and your family. My prayers and best wishes for Eden and all of you at this critical juncture. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete